Certificate of Residence - Hudson Valley Community College

To obtain a Certificate of Residence for Hudson Valley Community College, you must provide documentation that you have resided in the State of New York for one (1) year and the Town of Sand Lake for six (6) months.

Usually, a driver's license will satisfy both these requirements. However, in the event that you have moved, lived in a different town or county, or have a driver's license that does not meet the above criteria, further documentation must be provided. Examples of proof are: pay stubs with your current address, utility bills, lease, etc. that prove that you have lived at the current Sand Lake address for the last six (6) months.

If you do not have any of the above, contact the Clerk's Office for assistance.

There is no fee. 

For other colleges, residents need to contact Rensselaer Finance 4th floor, 1600 7th Avenue Troy, NY